Welcome to Chilton Cantelo, a co-educational day and boarding school set in idyllic rural Somerset on the border of Dorset. Acclaimed for our family atmosphere we nurture achievement and boundless curiosity from Nursery to Secondary School to Sixth Form.
Reasons we are amongst the best independent/private schools in Somerset:
- We encourage every child to be the best they can be with learning goals and objectives tailored to the individual.
- We offer a range of boarding options including full, weekly and occasional boarding.
- The school is set in 20 acres of grounds surrounded by beautiful countryside with the main school house listed as an historic Grade II building.
- We provide after-school activities for pupils ranging from chamber choir to film workshops with weekend programmes for boarders.
- International pupils enjoy a first-class English education with intensive English language support, cultural immersion and university counselling.
- We are part of the Cognita Group, a world leader in independent education and the UK’s largest network of independent schools.
I am proud to be Headmistress of Chilton Cantelo and that pride comes from seeing our pupils progress every day. Please click on ‘Visit Our School’ to see upcoming dates to book a visit. We are also happy to arrange personal tours if this is more convenient. Let us show you around this wonderful school; I am sure you will be delighted with what you find.
Headmistress, Verity White